The Paech Family Felt Secure
“I consider your monitoring service first-rate and an essential investment in my family’s safety”.
- John Paech
John and Julie Paech
Clare, South Australia AUS
ADT Residential Fire Alarm and Monitoring service
Early one morning, while John and his wife Juliewere asleep, their 10 year old daughter put her breakfast into the microwave and accidentally pressed 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds – a recipe for disaster!
Their daughter went back to her bedroom and promptly forgot about her breakfast. Minutes later, smoke started to rise from the microwave and instantly set off the smoke alarm. The alarm woke John and Julie and within seconds; they received a call from ADT’s monitoring operator, Bob Morris.
As John and Julie made their way to a smoke filled kitchen, Bob reassured Julie and advised her that if John couldn’t find the source immediately, he would alert the fire brigade.Within moments, John thankfully found the source and was able to stop the microwave and discard the content.
"An incident like this demonstrates how important and life saving ADT products and services are to homeowners", said Bob Morris."I get satisfaction knowing that I’ve been able to help. The reality is, the house could have burnt down and lives could have been lost."
The ADT Customer Monitoring Centre receives numerous alarms daily; thankfully most of these are unwarranted alarms. In this case the Paech’s alarm was warranted and ADT’s security and smoke alarm monitoring added a vital dimension to their home’s safety.
The Paech’s experience demonstrates the importance of the early warning only a monitored smoke alarm can provide. Having someone there to help out when you are in trouble, like Bob being there for the Paech’s, only further reinforces the valuable protection they offer.
It’s something we all hope we will never need to actually use, but having ADT Security and Smoke Alarm Monitoring can save lives. Are you and your family protected?
© Copyright 2013 ADT Services AG. All Rights Reserved.