You can call for help from either the medical Pendant or the medical Base Unit. To call for help:
- Press the pearl pendant for 3 seconds or the [HELP] Button on Eve to activate an emergency alarm.
- A loud pre-alarm will sound and the lights under the [HELP] button illuminate clockwise to indicate that an emergency activation is being sent.
- The monitoring centre will then phone the house and attempt to speak to the user over the handsfree speakerphone system built into Eve and organise assistance if required.
- When the operator ends the call, Eve will automatically hang up.
- If the connection to the monitoring centre is unsuccessful, then Eve retries 16 times, 30 secs apart, and then every hour.
You can stop an emergency alarm being sent by pressing the [CANCEL] button during the pre-alarm stage which usually lasts 10-15 seconds.
Cancel an alarm
- Press the [CANCEL] key (during the pre-alarm stage only).
You may need to turn off your medical unit in the event of a malfunction (where service or maintenance work has been arranged) to ensure it does not send false activations to the Monitoring Centre. You will need to contact the ambulance service (000) directly in the event of an emergency while the medical unit is off.
- Hold the [ON]/ [OFF] button (located at the rear/top of panel) for three seconds.
Eve will beep four times (with the final beep in a lower tone) and switch off.
NOTE: Eve can be turned off even when mains power is supplied.
|GREEN||[ON] SOLID||Solid green indicates unit is operating|
|[ON] FLASHING||Flashing green indicates another indicator light is displaying status messages.|
|[RED]||[CHECK POWER FLASHING]||Flashing red indicates the power is disconnected. An audible message is given after 3 minutes and is repeated every 3 hours. A 3 minute delay is set to avoid alerting people to short power cuts.|
|[CHECK PHONE] FLASHING||Will flash red and give an audible message every three hours to indicate the phone connection is not available or a phone has been off-hook for more than three hours.|
|[CHECK PHONE] OFF||Will flash red and give an audible message every three hours to indicate the phone connection is not available or a phone has been off-hook for more than three hours.|
|Will show solid red when Eve is first turned on and connecting to the network. During normal operation the red light should not be seen. If there is a loss of connection to the cellular network at the ten minute interval check, it will flash red. If the network is still unavailable after one hour, it will attempt to send a report on an alternative communication pathway, where applicable. There is no audible voice message.|
|[BLUE]||[TEST PENDANT] FLASHING||Indicator light will flash blue to show that you need to press your pendant to send an alarm to test the system is working correctly.|